ALL ABOUT ENCAUSTIC
The workshop will cover all the basics, including information about
- how to make paint,about the commercial paints and their applications, about supports, grounds and techniques: paint application, fusing, glazing, inscribing and mixed media approaches.safety, materials,demos of applying paint, fusing, How to get that smooth surface!
- glazing with encaustic: it's really about color theory
- Introducing mixed media,
- image transfer,
- working with oil bar, pigment,
- creating several kinds of lines, and texture.
- We will emphasize how these techniques can be developed to create a unique encaustic language for each student. We will talk (and demo) about
- inscribing and using dry pigment..
- You will leave with a printout containing all the information you need as well as a list of suppliers.
The emphasis, as always, will be on your creative development i.e.:ON YOUR PAINTING! As always, my goal is to help you achieve your aims in this wonderful medium. It is open to artists at all levels.