The workshop will cover all the basics, including information about
- how to make paint,about the commercial paints and their applications, about supports, grounds and techniques: paint application, fusing, glazing, inscribing and mixed media approaches.safety, materials,demos of applying paint, fusing, How to get that smooth surface!
- glazing with encaustic: it's really about color theory
- Introducing mixed media, add your favorites
- those wonderful alcohol based inks, great on wax
- image transfer, and incorporating the image
- working with pigment for special effects
- creating several kinds of lines, and texture. Pigment sticks, encised line, drawn line with a variety of tools
- We will emphasize how these techniques can be developed to create a unique encaustic language
The emphasis, as always, will be on your creative development i.e.:ON YOUR PAINTING! As always, my goal is to help you achieve your aims in this wonderful medium. It is open to artists at all levels.
- The small pour on panels
Three Day workshop Fee: $485 includes most materials